The Royal Canadian Legion Branch #103 in Campbellford was the focus of a voluntary work program to rehabilitate the entire façade of the 1830’s limestone ‘Ogilvie House’, which was in desperate need of help.
With the assistance of community partners and the direct management and services of Sky-High Historical Restoration and Consulting, this Community Service Project was completed in the summer and fall of 2015, at NO COST to the Legion!
Over 800 hours in labour were donated by Sky-High to provide a complete façade restoration, which included:
• Custom-milled replica woodwork using clear pine (does not have knots - so will look wonderful for many years to come)
• Replication of original decorative wooden details
• Removal, Restoration and Re-instatement of original 8-foot gable-end finial
• Replication of and repair to damaged windows and frames
• Preparation, sealing, priming and painting of all façade woodwork, trim and windows
• Removal of FIVE layers of old shingles and application of new spruce plywood under sheeting, new synthetic underlay, new 25 year shingles,
new flashing, and new metal valleys.
• Masonry rebuild to both chimneys with addition of custom-built metal capping
• Resurfacing and re-sealing of front door and hardware
• Addition of mirrored glass insert on second story front window with a custom-built frame and a Lexan protective cover.
• Re-pointing of stone in areas on façade.
To see examples of our work please review the PROJECTS links above.
Proudly serving the Counties of York, Durham, Northumberland, Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Prince Edward, Hastings, Lennox & Addington and Frontenac.