STONE HOUSE CAMPBELLFORD
What began as an investigation into a mysterious stain coming from the soffit turned into a full-scale restoration of this gorgeous old limestone house. It quickly became apparent that there was a serious bat problem, which required more prep work and patience than the average project.
• Some original woodwork was salvageable, and all other areas were replicated in hand-milled clear pine.
• Rotted Gable-End Finials were removed, and hand-turned replicas were created and installed.
• Missing return-end corners were built to reflect the woodwork style and capped with matching metal flashing for longevity.
• Doors and windows were scraped, sanded and repaired before being primed and painted with two coats of premium paint.
• All soffit and fascia was removed from the entire house. You will see in the pictures that there was an excessive amount of bat droppings located within
the soffits. ALL of this had to be replaced with new materials.
• A new metal lintel was installed above the front doorway, within the limestone wall for structural integrity.
• Metal flashing was applied to entire roof edge, in order to guide rain water away from contact with the decorative wood mouldings.
To see examples of our work please review the PROJECTS links above.
Proudly serving the Counties of York, Durham, Northumberland, Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Prince Edward, Hastings, Lennox & Addington and Frontenac.