This majestic Victorian building serves as a thriving retirement residence but its first role was as Upper Canada Academy. Egerton Ryerson acted as the first principal of the Academy in 1839; the Academy's status was raised to that of a University through a Provincial statute created in 1841.
The project was undertaken and completed in 2017. Upon initial assessment, Sky-High wasn't sure if it could be saved. The cupola had no previous preservation/restoration work completed. A temporary roof was erected by Sky-High to protect the 200 year old wood from moisture and to facilitate working in all weather conditions.
Given the fact that the building is a National Historic site, a member of the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario came to verify that the work was of the highest caliber. It is worth noting that this is Sky-High's second National Historic Site project.
Proudly serving the Counties of York, Durham, Northumberland, Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Prince Edward, Hastings, Lennox & Addington and Frontenac.